VPNs are helpful for masking your identity when online. Without a VPN, you run the risk of getting your data exposed to your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This is something that you must take into consideration since your ISP has access to your entire data, including the streaming data out of your streaming activities. In addition, depending on where you live, your ISP might even give you the chance to sell your data to third parties for a profit. This is certainly the case in the US. In addition, VPNs can prevent hackers from hijacking your internet connection.
VPNs also can offer you access to geographically restricted content. Using a VPN with streaming services is smart since some ISPs are known to throttle streaming activities. By utilizing a VPN, you may enjoy streaming content with out intervention by your ISP. One such streaming service is Kodi which we’ll explore further below.
What is Kodi?
Installing a VPN on Kodi in 2 Minutes or Less
There are a few methods to install a VPN on Kodi however we’ll cover 2 of the simpler options. You have the selection of running your VPN from directly inside Kodi, or you may install it directly on the machine you’re running Kodi on. We will cover both methods.
Installing a VPN Directly On Kodi
You can then install this zip file in Kodi utilizing below steps:
- Open Kodi, head to the Add-ons menu, and click on the icon that appears like an open box.
- Then select Install from zip file.
- From there, you may navigate to the zip file you downloaded. Select it and install it.
- Now, head back to the principle menu that you’re directed to after clicking on the open box icon.
- From there, choose Install from the repository.
- Select Zomboided Add-on Repository.
- Select Services after which you will notice VPN Manager for Open VPN on the top of the list.
- Select it and install it.
- After installation, open the addon. You can then enter the relevant details to your VPN provider. Make sure you run through the entire configuration options in the addon. This will range depending on your VPN provider.
- After configuring the plugin, you may be protected by your VPN whereas utilizing Kodi.
Installing Kodi Using a VPN App
VPN providers usually provide apps for a wide selection of platforms. You also can protect your self with a VPN whereas utilizing Kodi by utilizing the app that corresponds to the operating system of the machine you’re running Kodi on.
You want to protect your self whereas streaming online with Kodi. You can do that by either utilizing a plugin from directly inside Kodi, or you should use an app that runs on the machine you’ve Kodi installed on. Pick the option that fits you best and stream safely with Kodi.